Tuesday 17 February 2015

Valentines, iPhones, Burgers and Pizzas...

Hope you've all had a lovely Valentines Weekend love birds...  

This is a photo of me on Valentines Day (...well maybe in 2017 when I've finally achieved a banging body.. and um gone brunette)


Every single year I've been a Valentines HATER! Maybe it was cause I never had a boyfriend until I was about 19 and even then he was an ass so I just played it down as a stupid hallmark holiday. Then when I finally bagged myself a dreamy boyfriend who actually wanted to spoil me, he was in the Military and posted abroad so I had to spend Valentines alone anyways.
Don't get me wrong I still massively disagree with spending ridiculous amounts of money on gifts and having an Instagram war on who's "boy did good" the best. I also massively don't agree with going out for over priced meals on Valentines either.. did it once three years ago and it was just an embarrassing cringe of an evening ever. Literally PACKED in tight in a restaurant in Manchester, the tables to close the waiter couldn't even fit in-between to serve, I could eat off the girls plate next to me if i wanted to, never mind listening to their cringe ass conversation of what they're gonna be doing later on.. all whilst some old man's playing a Violin whilst I'm trying to eat in peace and another trying to sell single red roses. NOOOOOOO! It's all just to false and fake. You don't need one day a year to make your partner feel special. Everyday should be special and you should show your significant other you love them spontaneously throughout the year not predictably with every other person on Feb 14th.


I say I don't agree but I wouldn't turn these away if I had them delivered.. Probably just question what Elliot's feeling guilty about haha! 


But saying all that, I'm a girl, a girly girl who loves romance (when its real and not fake) and seeing some of the amazing surprises some bfs have got their girls made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when checking my social media :) - so from now on, I'm no longer a valentines hater. I won't be going out for cringy meals anytime soon but I shall definitely be making more of an effort from now on (last year he didn't even get a card, whoops!) 




So this Valentines day, I was working.. as a beautician in a hotel Valentines weekend is absolutely HECTIC! Literally loved up couples one after another, after another, after another coming in and treating each other to massages and facials! Its quite refreshing to see people of all ages celebrating Valentines and treating one another. The best thing about it as always is decorating the salon, sprinkling petals, love hearts, red roses and Valentines cupcakes. 
We did an amazing deal this year which was £50 for two people, the woman gets a back massage and facial and the man gets a back and scalp massage. BARGAIN! No wonder we was so busy..!



So our Valentines was spent casually at the Trafford Centre looking for the best iPhone 6 deal for me as my contract was up last weekend. So I got myself a little present to me from me.. a 62GB gold iPhone 6 with unlimited calls, texts, free Spotify and 10GB of internet a month with 20% off my bill a month with Ell's military discount. BARGAIN! My last phone only had 1GB of internet a month and on average I use 8GB a month so you can imagine what my bill looked like every month so by upgrading I'm saving an absolute FORTUNE and got £90 back for my iPhone 5c! It's literally so worth shopping around, for years I've always gone for early upgrade and been stuck in the same crap contract costing me a fortune. So it was definitely waiting it out until the end and shopping around! 



And to finish (as we've already just been through my opinion on Valentines meals) my first ever FIVE GUYS! Definitely not something you get every week seeing it is a little on the expensive side for fast food.. and the fact you'd be the size of a house! But it's definitely worth it for an indulgent treat... I had the cheeseburger with grilled onions, lettuce and BBQ sauce. And I can honestly say it's probably one of the best burgers I've ever had.. well worth its price in calories and cost! 

So Valentines weekend is also our "official anniversary" we have like three no joke. We met in the August just before he left for Afghan for 6 months (so we celebrate that, well I do.. he gets dragged out and forced to spoil me) then in the Feb we met again after 6 months of none stop talking online and on Feb 15th he was going back to Afghan after his R&R was over and we had a (drunken) conversation of soooooo are we? Aren't we? Where do we go from here? Even think I said I Love You in my drunken state. LOL it was a hard 6 months you know.... So here we are Feb 15th our official 3 year anniversary! 

We stopped at Guys which is a family pub/italian/hotel just up the road from where I work and the only place I know locally that has hot tubs in the room which is the reason that attracts me every time! We got the Sunday Saver Deal which is £80 for the room with jacuzzi bath (candles, champagne and petals are our own) breakfast in the morning (we got up late and missed breakfast but they was so accommodating and made up a sausage barm and a bacon butty on toast in the morning anyways) and an evening meal in either Old Nell's (the pub) or Guys (the Italian restaurant) - we choose to be little fattys and get takeout Pizza for the room instead so we could just have a 100% chilled evening. No dressing up.. No going for dinner.. just time together chilling out in our comfy's! (which you don't get to do a lot when you both still live at home) 

  

So thats a round up of my Valentines weekend.. chilled out eating far to much fatty food with Ell and getting myself a brand new iPhone ;) highlight! 

What's your thoughts on Valentines Day? Do you go all out or not bother at all? 

Whatever you did I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Heather xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment